Big Buck Bunny - Project Peach - was Blender Foundations second Open Movie project, produced in the studio of the brand new Blender Institute in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Five artists and two developers have been invited to come over to Amsterdam for seven months to create a funny & furry 3D short movie with Blender. Lead by renowned Blender artists Sacha Goedegebure (story and direction) and Andreas Goralczyk (art direction) you can expect this to be a hilarious 3D cartoon!
Just like project Orange, the movie itself and all of the production files have been published under the Creative Commons, free to be reused and for everyone to learn from. More importantly, the team has challenged Blender itself to the max, inspired the entire development community to prove Blender is ready for feature quality 3D cartoons. Special attention has been paid to fur editing and rendering, and animating cartoonish characters.
You can help us to realize future projects by purchasing the DVD edition of the Peach project.
On the Big Buck Bunny DVD (two disks) you will find:
- The movie (10 min) in best DVD quality widescreen format (versions in both NTSC and PAL)
- The HD version of the movie (.avi and/or .mov)
- Commentary tracks by the creators
- All .blend files, models, textures, and so on... the material used to create the movie.
- The original script, breakdown, storyboards
- Documentation and video tutorials by the team members about all technical aspects the movie; like how to re-use assets, animate characters, or add new shots.
Visit the peach.blender.org blog for more information about this project.