32 GB rewritable USB Card!
Has all files updated for the 2011 4k re-render.
Sintel - project Durian - was Blender Foundations third Open Movie, produced in the studio of the Blender Institute in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
In total 12 artists and three developers were invited to come over to Amsterdam for almost a year to create this fantasy action-based 3D short movie with Blender. Lead by renowned Blender artists Colin Levy (direction) and David Revoy (art direction) and with a script from Esther Wouda - based on ideas from famous Dutch cartoonist Martin Lodewijk - and music by Jan Morgenstern, this has been an exciting project!
Just like project Orange, and Peach and Apricot, the end result itself and all of the production files are being published under the Creative Commons, free to be reused and for everyone to learn from. More importantly, the team has challenged Blender itself to the max, inspiring the developer community to prove Blender is ready for feature quality 3D production. Special attention has been spent on animation techniques, smoke/fire simulations, Global Illumination, sculpting, micro detail rendering, and getting the new Blender 2.5 well tested and improved.
By purchasing this USB Card you support Blender Institute projects.
On this 32GB USB Card you will find:
- Sintel film in 2k and HD, stereo and 5.1 sound (15minutes)
- Documentary by Ali Boubred (60m)
- Html interface to browse the contents
- 29 tutorial videos, by 10 people, almost 5 hours.
- 4-split video of film, in storyboard, directors layout, opengl animation, final.
- High resolution artwork (incl poster, 4k renders)
- David Revoy concept art gallery
- Weeklies gallery + fun avi tests
- Esther Wouda on script progress and article on the screenplay
- the Live Edit: Blender sequencer with every shot as avi + grading setup
- Blender 2.5 render branch binaries
- OpenEXR originals from the render farm, 1 for every shot (220)
- Full export of the production svn, all models, textures, animation & shot .blend files (2011 4k edition)
- Renderfarm software (py scripts)
- Planning board files, breakdown
Visit the durian.blender.org blog for more information about this project.